Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2022 2:31 pm  #201

Re: A place to quarantine ranting and venting.

He said if this doesn't work, the next thing is a "Mel Gibson 'Road Warrior' Arm Brace.  That's the last resort....So, we're going slowly on this one.  Smartcat, I start therapy tomorrow, but it will not consist of any activity.  They will change bandages, eventually take out the external sutures, tape up the incision to ensure that it doesn't cave in on itself, something the doctor called "evagination".  They use paper tape, crease it into a V lengthwise, and attach it to the incision.  I would think they'd use K-tape for that, so I'll ask tomorrow when I go there.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

8/13/2022 4:17 pm  #202

Hope it goes well from here!

One world -- or none

8/13/2022 9:45 pm  #203

hrhspence nandi
Are you above the flooding over there? Or have you put on your highwaders? Fishing off the roofline? Or (hopefully) just watching it all roll by?

8/13/2022 10:22 pm  #204

When I bought this house, 23 years ago, Vegas had just gone through an intense flooding episode. So I asked the Real Estate Agent that was helping me locate a house and avoid the flood zones.  We have never had a flood in this house.  But I drive through some very minor flood zones on the way to work.  The major flooding you hear about in the news is far from my home and my work.  Thanks for being concerned, but I've been safe so far.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

8/14/2022 10:45 am  #205

Good to hear. Just checking.

8/14/2022 4:33 pm  #206

HRHSpence wrote:

When I bought this house, 23 years ago, Vegas had just gone through an intense flooding episode. So I asked the Real Estate Agent that was helping me locate a house and avoid the flood zones.  We have never had a flood in this house.  But I drive through some very minor flood zones on the way to work.  The major flooding you hear about in the news is far from my home and my work.  Thanks for being concerned, but I've been safe so far.

Good to know that you and yours are safe.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

8/14/2022 4:48 pm  #207

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

8/24/2022 6:10 pm  #208

a couple of things:  have gone through three bandage changes, no more drainage, but keeping the stitches in for at least another week, perhaps two. I have the old brace they made for me in February, and this time, will probably have it on for at least 3 months, but that's his decision. Very little pain, although occasional aches inside.  The old incision was curling in on itself, and he used that incision and trimmed the excess scar tissue from it.  The other issue is why am I anemic?  Finally saw a hematologist today.  Twelve vials of blood, a urine sample (blood in the urine?), a colonoscopy/endoscopy, a camera pill, a CT scan on my liver and spleen.  Most of the blood tests can be screened here, but there's a genetic test that has to be shipped out to Keesler AFB, Mississippi.  Once we've figured out what is not causing the anemia, that opens other paths of investigation.  It can go as far as I want to push it, it seems.

9/06/2022 7:23 pm  #209

Did a CT scan this afternoon, it was a contrast scan, but this time, I didn't feel like I was cooking from the inside.  Won't know for a few days what the results were.  Iron levels were low, again, so might have to go in for more infusions. Colonoscopy/endoscopy is in 4 weeks.  Meanwhile, I have a very large floater in my left eye.  The ophthalmologist says there is no damage to the retina, or any other part of the eye, but if the floater begins to inhibit my vision, he will send me to have a vitrectomy.  It's taking up about one-third of my left eye's field of vision.  I can see through it, but it's definitely letting less light through.

Last edited by joekc6nlx (9/06/2022 7:23 pm)

9/09/2022 1:32 pm  #210

Partial removal of stitches and the rest will come out in 2 weeks.  Meanwhile, still in the immobilizing brace with continuous wear.  The doctor wants to get me a Dynabrace, which will passively extend the elbow with no stress on the triceps or grafts.  The X-ray looked interesting, he put a steel plate on the underside of the forearm bones and anchored the tendon to that plate.  Meanwhile, I'm feeling more and more run down and listless.  I believe the hemoglobin is now lower than the readings from 2 weeks ago indicated, and it makes it difficult to do anything.  It seems all I want to do is sleep.

Board footera

Contact the Guild