Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/08/2023 10:59 pm  #21

Re: Dental Work!

I know how you all dread that place. Happy healing.
I'm going to the dentist's tomorrow --  Wish me luck! 

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

1/08/2023 11:14 pm  #22

That's my gameplan too. Never had any sort of implant/graft. Don't know how my body will react. In theory, it won't bat an eyelid and just go with it. Have to wonder if this can be extrapolated for when the time comes for the more usual hip/knee replacements--should any of those become needed.

1/09/2023 1:17 pm  #23

HRHSpence wrote:

I know how you all dread that place. Happy healing.
I'm going to the dentist's tomorrow --  Wish me luck! 

Having had extensive dental work in the past few years, I understand your trepidations.  For me,
the hardest part is when they give me the anesthetic.  After that, I don't much mind.  When I
ws younger, and even into my Navy days, dentists would keep saying "Open wider", yet
didn't seem to remember that to do so requires using muscles to hold the jaw open.  Those muscles
do get tired after a few minutes, so naturally the mouth starts to close.  Again, "Open wider." while my jaw muscles are screaming with fatigue.  My current dentist and endodontist give me breaks every few minutes, and
since most of the work has been on molars, they don't want you opening too wide, because it pulls
the corners of your mouth inward, making it harder to get a good view or to get their instruments where
they need them.

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

1/09/2023 5:38 pm  #24

I am leaving now to have my teeth prepared ... 

1/09/2023 9:01 pm  #25

HRHSpence wrote:

I am leaving now to have my teeth prepared ... 

let us know how it went, please.....

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

1/10/2023 10:08 am  #26

It went really well.  But, I got a referral to another doctor to see if I need a root canal.

1/10/2023 12:33 pm  #27

Root canal procedures aren't the horror stories they used to be.  They're not fun, but tolerable.

1/10/2023 12:42 pm  #28

Quite true from my experiences with same.

1/10/2023 3:04 pm  #29

joekc6nlx wrote:

Root canal procedures aren't the horror stories they used to be.  They're not fun, but tolerable.

Agree, they aren't that bad. They take so long it can almost be boring !

BTW, for keeping your mouth open and (somewhat) comfortable, get a "bite block". It keeps your mouth open, you can relax or even bite down without messing up the dentist. Wonderful thing.

1/10/2023 3:32 pm  #30

Just came back from the dentist with my new retainer. I can see why the children and grandchildren didn't enjoy wearing them! Next appointment in two months to see if I'm ready for the next step.

Board footera

Contact the Guild