Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/17/2021 8:45 pm  #1

It's Been An Interesting Week

Last Wednesday, one of my friends (yes, I have some friends!) asked me what was wrong with my left eye.  I asked her if it was red, looking bloody, and she said, "Yes", so I took a look in the mirror.  Yep, definitely either scratched the eyeball, or overstrained and broke some blood vessels.  It feels as though there's an abrasion under the eyelid, so I think I might have gotten something in the eye.  I have not seen a doctor, as MY doctor's office is 45 miles away, but HE is in Afghanistan.  Seeing a local ophthalmologist isn't something I think is feasible, as the one I know probably isn't taking new patients.  This happened to me last year, too, and I was given some steroid drops to use 3X daily, 2 drops.  They seem to have worked, as the eye is slowly clearing up.  It still reminds me of the eye of "The Terminator" in the first movie. 
You know how when you start on a project that you need to get done, and then find out after you started that there are more problems than you realized?  A simple changing of the water hoses to my washing machine revealed that the plastic washer in the faucet has broken apart, and I need to replace them.  I don't have any washers, so off to Walmart to see if they have any, combining that trip with something else I needed from there.  Oh no, they don't carry them any longer.  Okay, off to the big box hardware store, I got them.  Now just need to turn off the water, open up the faucet and hope it doesn't break, and replace the washer.
I bought a large roll-around tool chest, got it put together, and filled it up with tools, and then realized that I'd put the casters on incorrectly.  Argh.  Well, I can leave it alone for a while, it's not going anywhere.  It's just irritating that it's not the way it's supposed to be.
Bought a new ham radio that arrived in today's deliveries.  Um, they don't make these things easier to program now, and the instructions are printed in China, even though they're in English.  I finally found the programming software for it, downloaded it from the company, and installed it.  It is NOT intuitive, but I managed to get the important stuff loaded into the radio.  Now, I just have to figure out how to use it - it's a digital radio that works on a different principle from my other digital radios.  The adventure of amateur radio......fortunately, there are 4 of my friends in the club who have this same radio, and they're a wealth of knowledge. 
Tomorrow, I get to see the dentist for a regular exam, and to decide what she wants to do about the big gap in my upper jaw from where she pulled a molar 2 weeks ago.  A bridge or an implant?

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

3/19/2021 2:48 pm  #2

Re: It's Been An Interesting Week

Interesting indeed. I just learned that one of my cronies over here is now flat with covid. He's absolutely miserable with it. He was scheduled for his fist shot in a couple of weeks. His S.O. just got her first shot--and is listed as positive now herself. Not real sure about her diagnosis, it being too soon for the test to not reflect the vaccination instead of a true infection. He been prone to respiratory issues in the past, so a whole lot of people are concerned about that with him. I called him up and offered to step-and-fetch for them as needed--after I pointed out that they're *both* under quarantine and are not fit for public showing ("Oh, yeah" he says)..

3/19/2021 3:12 pm  #3

Good luck to your friends, Griff

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

3/19/2021 6:05 pm  #4

Eventful indeed! My week has been less eventful, but kinda ironic. TFW your state declares itself covid free, but then you catch a head cold from your housemate!

Formerly Neco the Nightwraith. Now Euforic Mania!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/EuforicM  |  DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/euforicmania  |  Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/euforicmania/ | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxqG2zVydAKMmV4eisvOIA

3/28/2021 6:31 pm  #5

Went to the dentist on Friday morning, she found a BUNCH of cavities, and ended up filling 3 of them and putting temporary crowns on 2 of the teeth.  I still have more to do.  3 hours in the chair, and that stimulus check I got from the gummint?  Guess where it went.....yep.....and there are more teeth to work on.....

"Those who can give up essential liberties in order to purchase a little extra security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjamin Franklin
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

4/05/2021 5:12 pm  #6

Today, I saw the doctor about my eye (and a problem with one of my testicles).  No objects in the eye, he thinks it's due to the medications drying out my eyes.  I have lubricating gel drops to use at night.  I also have an ultrasound to see if I might have either an infection or might have damaged some tissues in that testicle. 

4/05/2021 5:35 pm  #7

joe-nandi:
I also watched my gommint check vanish over the horizon. For a car repair, in my case. One has to wonder what the good of stimulus money when it evaporates before it even reached one's hand.

4/06/2021 6:08 am  #8

Is 'stimie' a new unit of measurement? If so, does it include the January payment as well, or just the current one? I tend toward the latter definition.
Still waiting for my stimie. 😞 

"You must be mad," said the Cat, "or else you would not have come here."

Board footera

Contact the Guild