Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2021 3:00 pm  #51

Re: Vaccination status?

I got the Pfizer shot on the 29th. Injection-site soreness- I'd say it's the worst I've ever had, and I've been through chemo. (Well, an IV site that bruised hurts worse when pressed on.) Foggy, wobbly and exhausted yesterday.
It's still worth it though. I had pneumonia in 2006 that left my lungs with 'moderate scarring, under 5mm' & I have a very vehement desire to not add another layer of damage to that.
Unknown when I get the second. The Canadian government is trying to say that up to 4 months is ok.

5/01/2021 3:29 pm  #52

I got my second shot two weeks ago next Tuesday. So the two week waiting period for the vaccine to be fully vaccinated will be next Tuesday. I've got Crohn's disease and both of the shots gave me a mild flare up for a few days. Annoying but I'm used to it by now. 

5/01/2021 7:27 pm  #53

Blond tekkikin nadi:

3 wks from the date of the fist injection. The site you got the first shot from should have set that for you before you left. At least, that's how it went down here (US).

My niece bit the bullet and is getting her vaccinations. Color me relieved. I'd hoped she come around to the common sense of it. She's usually got her head on straight about most things. Was uncommonly sensible even as a little kid. Don't know where she gets it from, but I'm happy she's like that.

5/02/2021 10:07 pm  #54

Still waiting over here in the outer colonies for our corrupt and feral federal government to get its act together and deliver a coherent message and vaccination strategy.  I have a couple of med appointments this week that might afford an opportunity to get the official gossip from inside our health system.  We'll see.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

5/03/2021 8:34 am  #55

My wife got her second shot last week. No issues other than a sore spot in her arm. I'm feeling a bit encouraged, but hope everyone that is lagging will get their shot(s) as quickly as possible. Barring that, please stay out of public places, thanks. 

5/03/2021 9:06 am  #56

I got my first dose of Moderna last Wednesday morning. By the end of the day, my arm was stiff and strained. Before bed, a 10-15 minute bout of of shivers and chattering teeth on a warm night. It was an odd feeling, I could feel my skin as warm as a furnace, but beneath the skin it felt freezing. It ended up being a long sleepless night of alternating between boiling hot under the comforter in 68 degree weather or that freezing feeling with no sheets at all.

The next morning, just a sore arm and nothing more since then. I'm young and in fairly good health. Nobody else who's gotten the shot has had more than a sore arm for the first one, and all warn me that the 2nd one kicks like a mule. I'm not looking forward to my 2nd shot...

Last edited by Roci (5/03/2021 9:06 am)

5/03/2021 3:46 pm  #57

Griffinmoon wrote:

Blond tekkikin nadi:

3 wks from the date of the fist injection. The site you got the first shot from should have set that for you before you left. At least, that's how it went down here (US)..

According to the provincial government website:
We are currently not booking 2nd dose appointments for the COVID-19 vaccine. Keep your vaccine card and watch for further updates about 2nd dose appointments.

& the national government is handing us a song & dance about 4 months being fine, and oh it's enough to keep you out of the hospital, and seriously, with one shot you won't die! A cynic would mutter: The government pays for the hospital, the sick person pays the pharmacy bill. Of course they're focused on hospitalization.
. (But when I got my shot the nurse was plain with me about the science saying one shot is only 56% effective.)

5/04/2021 5:58 am  #58

Got my second shot (Moderna) 3 weeks ago.  I was lucky and had no problems with either shot.  I'm glad I got them.  Like Blond Tekikin, my lungs are compromised so I was determined to do all I could to prevent more damage.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit.  Genius hits a target no one else can see.  
- Arthur Schopenhauer

5/20/2021 9:16 pm  #59

Just had the oddest 36 hrs. Felt a little off Tuesday. Woke up with what I thought was a tension headache--unremarkable in itself, what with my vertebrae slipping and sliding all over. Then I thought I felt a bit *too* warm, with a few chills. Had a low-grade temp and felt loggy. I currently suspect that I had a 3 wk post vaccination reaction: fever, chills, fatigue for 36 hrs. Just like they say happens. Most peculiar.

Last edited by Griffinmoon (5/24/2021 2:56 pm)

5/21/2021 7:18 pm  #60

That is odd, griffin. I hope this is short-lived whatever it is.

http://strengthofthehills.tripod.com/hanilanguageandculturepage/

The date I joined the original board: 12/04/2002

Board footera

Contact the Guild