Shej

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2021 4:37 pm  #1

just going to put this here:

from Resurgence, very near the end, after they have learned that Bregani's bodyguard has been compromised by the Shadow Guild which kidnapped and threatened his mother, wife and son:

"This tactic they are using cannot be our future, aiji-,ma."

"We are determined it will not.  Mercy for the hands they use, but none for them. None. And no excuse for the criminals that twist every rule of decency and upend civilization itself, paidhi. No pity."

It was no exaggeration, he though.  Everything they valued was under assault by a group cynical, desperate, and defying all that was civilized.  it might be a small number of individuals, but it had the potential to tear at the social fabric of the aishidi'tat.

1/13/2021 4:54 pm  #2

Re: just going to put this here:

Yes. Well said, nadi.

It's a strange world.  Let's keep it that way.

1/14/2021 7:27 pm  #3

Yes.  
It's been quite a week here in the DC area, with another such week to come.

1/14/2021 7:45 pm  #4

Yes.
Never thought I'd look back on my days in college in DC during the antiwar demos and realize that they were relatively civil.
Also contemplating the comparison in police preparation and response between then and now!
Apprehension levels are going to be high for a long time I fear.

1/14/2021 10:59 pm  #5

One wishes cho-nadi to remain safe.

1/15/2021 12:05 am  #6

We on this board know well the wisdom of books.

One world -- or none

1/17/2021 8:33 pm  #7

yes. not surprised to see our members making links to current events. our lady talks about how guild members who fought them on the west coast (books 10,11) did so because they had been lied to. Does she hear more of this because she lives on our west coast? Or is she clairvoyant?

Last edited by lynxlacelady (1/17/2021 8:33 pm)

Wild about cats, handmade lace, CJ Cherryh.   politics junkie

1/28/2021 9:03 pm  #8

Everything I read seems to have two meanings any more. Looking forward to more normal times where the news is boring and we work together towards a better world. A pipe dream, but it's that or be discouraged.

The world isn't perfect,that's why it's beautiful

1/29/2021 8:40 pm  #9

I was relieved when Jan 20 passed quietly but I am still hearing worrisome things. I yearn for boring news.

Wild about cats, handmade lace, CJ Cherryh.   politics junkie

Board footera

Contact the Guild